About Me

My photo
God is love. What can we compare His Amazing love with? There is nothing as such even in my wildest dream. I never thought in my lifetime that I would receive Jesus as my Lord. His word says that He was knocking at the door of my heart to come in since a long time. I was lost in this world doing things, which were of no good to any one. In all my Life I never felt such a Hope, Joy & Peace, till I accepted Lord Jesus as my personal savior.

His Music

Thursday, November 25, 2010

A True Song

First lets look at the basics of a song!
What is a Song?..............

“Song”
Generally Song has three elements in it:
1.Words(Poetry)
2.Notes(Musical tunes)
3.Expression(Feeling / Rhythm)
Song its self is incomplete if any of the above miss in it.
In a Spiritual song there is one more thing that adds to the list:
4) Heart. ( Heart of a person singing / making music)

Now lets look      “How do we sing a song” ?
Generally we can observe two different ways of singing a Song:
1.The way the Professional singers singing,
2.The way the Children of God singing,(Believers)
In this we can learn, “The way we should” / “The way we should not ”.

“The way we should not”

Professional singers 
  • They sing for commercial gain and for a name for themselves.
  • They can easily adopt any song,
  • Mostly they don't mean what they sing,
  • some time with a social cause but doesn't matter, even that is for a self glory
  •  It doesn't matter even if they don't mean what they sing as long as they do their job well.
“The way we should”

Children of God
Sacrifice/ God's Glory:- We are made to worship and bring a sacrifice of thanks giving
on to God. For “Who He is” ,“What He has done” and for “What He is going to do”.

“Who God is”
“Creator”
Psalms 33:6 By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,
and by the breath of his mouth all their host.
7 He gathers the waters of the sea as a heap;he puts the deeps in storehouses.
8 Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
He is our “Creator”.

“What He has done”
“Redeemed us”
Romans 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. 10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. 11 More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.
He “Loved” and “Redeemed” us.

“What He is going to do”

I Thessalonians 5:23 Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you; will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
Why am i saying all this? Cause “Our song should be a reciprocation rather then an initiation”.

“Our Worship / Praise to God should be a  reciprocation rather then an initiation”.

Psalms 9:1 I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;
I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.
Psalms 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield.
My heart has trusted in him, and I am helped.
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices.
With my song I will thank him..

Singing for His Glory and lift His Name on High.

Psalms 57:9 I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to You (O Lord) among the nations.
10 For your steadfast love is great to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds.
( Psalms 33:1 Shout for joy in the Lord, O you righteous! Praise befits the upright.
2 Give thanks to the Lord with the lyre; make melody to him with the harp of ten strings!
3 Sing to him a new song; play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts.
4 For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.
5 He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord.
6 By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,and by the breath of his mouth all their host.)

We should Sing to God with all our Heart, with all our mind and with all our strength.

As i mentioned before “Heart” is the one more element which adds to the list,
Rather it should be first in the list, cause Heart is the most important thing in a spiritual song,

Amos 5:23 Take away from me the noise of your songs;
to the melody of your harps I will not listen.

Without your true heart, even if you make or sing the best melodious, or even excellent music,
it is nothing, but a noise before God, 
He first needs your heart, God needs only your heart.

Woe to those...
Amos 6:5 who sing idle songs to the sound of the harp
and like David invent for themselves instruments of music,
Isaiah 5:12 They have lyre and harp,
tambourine and flute and wine at their feasts,
but they do not regard the deeds of the Lord,
or see the work of his hands.

Can't God make for Himself Good music ? His angels! they rock!
No one can compete with them,
But the thing is if you really want to express your heart, your gratitude, your thanks giving to God our Lord,
A song helps you to express your self wholly, with your Heart, with your word, with your music and with your expression.

Finally my dear ones let us examine our self, for the scriptures says


I Corinthians 11:31 For if we judge ourselves truly, we would not be judged.
Your yourself looked at the word of our Lord,

“If God does not accept a worship or a praise song we sing with out our true heart, He just Calls it a noise, which He does not want to Listen.

Will He accept that which is made out of Lustful desires and for Self gain / self fame ?.........
I live that question to you,
And i Pray that the Lord our God Jesus will lead you in His way.
May the Lord bless this Word, and “ALL Glory To GOD alone” Amen.

Narsinga

No comments:

Post a Comment